OKLAHOMA CITY—XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation, today
announced it has contributed $38,000 to 38 fire departments in Oklahoma to help fund their
day-to-day operations and emergency services. Many of the fire departments are volunteer fire
“These communities rely on volunteer fire departments to provide important services every day,”
said John Doerner, vice president, XTO Energy Mid-Continent Division. “We try to assist local
departments in buying the tools they need to continue to keep our communities safe.”
The following fire departments each received a contribution from XTO Energy:
• Ardmore Airpark Fire Department, Ardmore, Okla.
• Ardmore Fire Department, Ardmore, Okla.
• Ashland Fire Department, Ashland, Okla.
• Bugtussle Volunteer Fire Department, McAlester, Okla.
• Choctaw Volunteer Fire Department, Choctaw, Okla.
• Cleo Springs Volunteer Fire Department, Cleo Springs, Okla.
• Criner Hills Fire Department, Overbrook, Okla.
• Crowder Fire Department, Crowder, Okla.
• Dickson Fire Department, Ardmore, Okla.
• Dillard Volunteer Fire Department, Wilson, Okla.
• Durant Fire Department, Durant, Okla.
• Eastman Fire Department, Marietta, Okla.
• Elk City Fire Department, Elk City, Okla.
• Fairview Fire Department, Fairview, Okla.
• Falconhead Volunteer Fire Department, Burneyville, Okla.
• Gene Autry Fire Department, Gene Autry, Okla.
• Goodwell Fire Department, Goodwell, Okla.
• Hauani Creek Fire Department, Madill, Okla.
• Haywood/Arpelar Volunteer Fire Department, McAlester, Okla.
• Healdton Volunteer Fire Department, Healdton, Okla.
• Hooker Volunteer Fire Department, Hooker, Okla.
• Indianola Fire Department, Indianola, Okla.
• Kiowa Fire Department, Kiowa, Okla.
• Lake Murray Village Volunteer Fire Department, Overbrook, Okla.
• Lakewood Volunteer Fire Department, Mead, Okla.
• Lone Grove Fire Department, Lone Grove, Okla.
• Madill Fire Department, Madill, Okla.
• Mannsville Fire Department, Mannsville, Okla.
• Meno Fire & Rescue, Meno, Okla.
• Orion Rural Fire Department, Fairview, Okla.
• Pittsburg Fire Department, Pittsburg, Okla.
• Ratliff Volunteer Fire Department, Ratliff City, Okla.
• Ringwood Fire & Rescue, Ringwood, Okla.
• Shady Dale Volunteer Fire Department, Marietta, Okla.
• Springer Fire Department, Springer, Okla.
• Tannehill/Scipio Lake Area Volunteer Fire Department, McAlester, Okla.
• Tishomingo Fire Department, Tishomingo, Okla.
• Tri-City Volunteer Fire Department, Cumberland, Okla.
“Giving back to the communities in which we operate is important to us,” Doerner said. “XTO would
like to thank all of the first responders in Oklahoma for the great work they do.”
About XTO Energy Inc.
XTO is a leading oil and natural gas producer in the United States with expertise in developing
tight gas, shale gas and unconventional oil resources. XTO or its affiliates operate in all major
U.S. unconventional producing regions and Western Canada. XTO also provides support and technical
services to ExxonMobil’s operations in Argentina. The company manages 11 million acres with a total
resource base of about 33 billion oil-equivalent barrels. In Oklahoma, XTO holds 1.1 million acres,
operates in 26 counties and employs 274 people. Last year, XTO and ExxonMobil invested $1.4 million
in higher education, medical care, environmental research and civic organizations in Oklahoma.